Kim Morano is a pharmacist, developer, community leader and open source contributor. In this episode, Kim shares her story on how she became a programmer, how she combines her expertise in Pharmacy to Technology thru MedGrocer (medgrocer.com), her current workflow during COVID19 Enhance Community Quarantine, GatsbyJS (a free and open source framework based on React that helps developers build blazing fast websites and apps).
Connect with Kim via her twitter account: @kimberrypiTopic Breakdown:
- 0:07 - Intro
- 0:40 - Current Workflow + Remote Working bloopers during COVID19 Enhance Community Quarantine
- 4:16 - Her journey from being a pharmacist to developer
- 16:29 - A quick look at Gatsbyjs (https://gatsbyjs.org)
- 31:55 - Unpopular Opinion (or popular opinion about coding)
- 34:11 - Advice + Ending
- 38:06 - Inbytes.dev Events Month of May 2020 and COVID19 Resources for Developers
- 39:45 - Easter Egg 🐣
- MedGrocer - Online pharmacy in the Philippines
- PythonPH - Python Community in the Philippines
- Women Techmakers Philippines
- Women Who Code Manila - The Manila Network of Women Who Code, a global non-profit organization that inspires women to succeed in their tech careers.
- GatsbyJS - ReactJS Framework